Here are 7 facts you probably didn’t know about photography !
1. Due to the long exposure times of Victorian photography. If a child was to be photographed without the parents they would camouflage the parent into the scenery so that they could still hold the child still. They would also photograph a child right after death so it would be still.
2. About twenty percent of all photos taken this year will end up on Facebook.
3. In the 1940s a camera was invented that could photograph nuclear bombs milliseconds after detonation.
4. Kodak, who invented the first digital camera, went bankrupt because they did not convert to digital.
5. Today we snap as many photos every two minutes as humanity as a whole did in the 1800s.
6. The largest collection of cameras in the world is held by Dilish Parekh of Mumbai,India. He has a collection of 4,425 antique cameras, which he has been collecting since 1977.
7. On sept. 4 1888, George Eastman received a patent for his roll film and registered the Kodak trademark, thus bringing photography to the masses. His invention of the name Kodak reflected his fondness of the letter K, which he claimed “seems a strong, incisive sort of letter”. His suicide letter was short and sweet reading simply “My work is done. Why wait?” He was 77 when he died in 1932.
Source : http://myjourneythroughtheworldofphotography.blogspot.be/2013/02/really-some-interesting-facts-about.html